Monday, February 2, 2009

Ouch!!!

This past Sunday's sermon was on love 

the agape kind 

the 1 Corinthians 13 kind

ooouuuccchhhh!!!!!












Yup! Ouch!

Not ouch, make me mad

Ouch, like, I am not doing so well with LOVE, CONVICTION!!!!

Not that any of us can do any of the above mentioned without Jesus!!!

I've heard it said many times, "Our ability to love others is from the overflow of our love relationship with Jesus."

OUCH!

Truth hurts, ya know! =)

My birthday is on a date surrounded by love.
In fact, on any given year, I really don't like having my birthday on Valentines Day.
But that is not what this post is about!  

We sang of Christ's love for us and that He loved us before we ever loved Him.
(Do I love family, friends, neighbors, enemies before they love me? OR do I wait for them to show me love before I love them?)

It was a good cleansing service.  

But man,

I HAVE SO FAR TO GO!!!!!!

am I patient?      the ability to be wrong without retaliating 
no
am I kind?           considerate of other's feelings, useful, do good
not often enough
do I boast?          bragging making other's think of my strengths
some
am I proud?        arrogant - making it all about me
too often
am I rude?          inappropriate tones, facial expressions
Jesus help me, way TOO often!!
am I selfish?       do what is best for me, want my way
yes
do I get angry?    quick tempered, agitated easily
YES, and I don't even know why!
do I keep a list of the wrong things done to me?
sometimes
do I always protect?
not always
do I always trust?
not always
do I give up?
sometimes
am I always hopeful?
not always
am I perseverant?
sometimes
LOVE NEVER FAILS!!!
LOVE NEVER ENDS!!!!
WOOFTA!!!!

OI!!!!!!!

I got me a long way to go!!! 

I have much to learn about how much God loves me

and

I have much to learn about how I need to love others.

But thankfully, I'm not doing it alone or in my own strength!!!!

I pray that I will allow the Lord to continue to do a work in me and mold me and grow me into who He wants me to be!  Jesus I need You help!!!!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Oh girl! You are speaking the Word over me this morning. I needed to hear this. Going to put these notes in my Bible. Wow! Powerful stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Cindy