Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Compassion International

Recently, I have heard a ton about Compassion International

A friend of mine, Jen Bacak, put on a 5K/10K run raising funds for Compassion.

And a few of the blogs that I read often, are currently in India, Calcutta to be exact, on a trip to minister to the children over there, but learn more about the organization.

There posts have been meaningful, profound and touching to say the least!

I have cousins, who have been sponsoring children for over 10 years now!  They have 1 per child for each child of their own.  In fact, they recently made the journey overseas and actually met their sponsored children in person!  Amazing!  How neat is that!!!

I have wanted to do this for a LONG time, and have yet to do so!!

In college, a girlfriend and I sponsored a little boy for a semester.  I so wish I still did!

As believers, we are to take care of the orphans, widows, poor.

How am I doing at that????

Terrible!!!

I want to be better!!!!

I'm not going to be foolish and begin with 3 children right away, but want to begin by sponsoring 1 and growing to 3!!!

To sponsor a child, you can click here.

For $32 a month, you can change a child's life!!!

Check out their blog and read the stories.

When I get my child's info, I will post a picture!!  It will be several weeks, but I will keep you updated!!!

No comments: