Sunday, November 22, 2009

Things I can't get Used to!

So you would think that after being somewhere almost 5 years that I would be used to certain things.

Actually, I have gotten used to some...
wearing white after Labor Day (I used to post about that the 1st couple of years after living here in Texas, and this year, I DID IT! Crazy! Didn't realize until afterwards, but I did!)
wearing flip-flops year round!

I'm sure there is more, but I can't think of it right now.

Things that I have NOT gotten used to...
buying pansies the week of Thanksgiving
how it is greener now in November than in July & August
buying a Christmas tree while wearing shorts!
trying to get in the Christmas mood when it so does NOT feel close to Christmas!

I could go on, but the things noted above is what was really on my mind today.
So wish it was cold so I could get inspired to play Christmas music! Oh well! This is our 5th Christmas in Texas. You would think I would be used to it by now, but I guess for this mid-western girl, some things are just difficult to let go of!

No comments: