Friday, February 12, 2010

Uh..Duh...He Has Answered!!!!!

Have you ever prayed a prayer and waited for some time for an answer?

Have you ever asked for something from God?

I have...

I do....

The other morning I had a "aha" moment, but really it is like a "duh" moment.

If you (the few who read this) don't know my story this may not make sense to you, but my husband and I have moved around the country ALOT!!!!

Finally, after what we thought would be our last move, we were done with the whole lets pick up and move thing!

We wanted to put down roots.
We wanted our kids to grow up with other kids.
We wanted consistency for ourselves but our children as well.
This is what we wanted and what I prayed for...not in those words exactly, but that is what I asked God for.

A place that we could call home for more than 24 months.
A place where my children would feel secure and constant.
Those kinds of things.

One morning this week after I dropped Kru off at pre-school, the Lord revealed to me that He has answered all of those petitions.
Kru is the same age that Kye was when we moved here.
Kru is attending the same pre-school that Kye went to a few years ago.
They know us...
We know them...

As I was driving away, it hit me....

GOD DID ANSWER!
HE has provided consistency.
HE has given us a home/town/community that has been constant for almost 5 years now.

Was it how I thought He would answer?
No.
Where I thought it would be?
No.

I asked Him for forgiveness right then.
Sorry Lord for not seeing all You do for me, just cause they don't look like I think they should.

God has His reasons!
His timing!
His purposes!
His ways!

Apparently for this season that means Texas for this mid-west girl!

So instead of trying to get out of Dodge.....

Lord, thank You for answering!
For giving my children stability!
For providing a job for my husband that is stable.
For giving us a community that knows us and that we know!

Why am I so quick to not see when things don't go the way I think they should go?
Thank You, Jesus, for revealing to me that You have answered!
You are good!
You are constant!
You are amazing!
I love you!!!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Kari there are so many times when I am sitting here feeling sorry for myself and all that I seem to go through daily, and just when I start to really cry there you are a shining example of what the Lord can do for those who truly give their hearts to Him. I really feel blessed reading your blogs and seeing first hand what blessings the Lord has given. Right now I am going through yet another challenge in life and I just got back from taking the dogs on a long walk taking the time to talk to God when I decided to distract myself and there was your link. If that was not God talking : )...reminding me that yes, He does hear our prayers and they may not be answered in the time we want or in the way we need but He does hear and He is there!!!.

Thank you for being an inspiration in my life and a comfort even if it is silently.

Jeanette said...

Kari! I never knew your story; so glad I checked it out! Yes, God has answered my prayers like you have experienced. We also ended up where we didn't want to be in the first place, but realize now that it was God's answer to some of our prayers! I'm so glad that He did it that way, because I am learning a lot more about compassion, obeying (I'm not good at that!), stick-to-it-ness, and still through all the trials, I am continuing to learn about how much God loves me!!! He truly is AWESOME! Oh, and it has strengthened Jim and my marriage! Too cool! Blessings to you, friend! ~ Jeanette Martinez

Jeanette said...

P.S. Your experience with God and your mother passing away is also Kayla's experience with her Grandma. I am so sorry for the loss of your baby girl, another experience Kayla has in common with you. I'm going to show her this blog. Thank you for posting it and opening up your life to us. It's been a blessing to read and I can just envision God smiling upon you and saying, "Well done, Kari!"