Friday, February 26, 2010

HIS Grace!!!

"My grace is sufficient for you."
2 Corinthians 12:9
(From Deserts in the Storm)

The other day I was riding home after a hard day's work. I was very tired and deeply depressed, when quickly, and as suddenly as a lightning bolt, the above verse came to me. When I arrived home I looked it up in the Word and it finally came to me. MY. My reponse was to say, "Yes Lord, I should think it is!" Then I burst out laughing.

Until that time, I had never understood what the holy laughter of Abraham was. This verse seemed to make unbelief totally absurd. I pictured a thirsty little fish who was concerned about drinking the river dry, with Father River saying, "Drink away, little fish; my stream is sufficient for you." I also envisioned a mouse afraid of starving after seven years of plenty, when Joseph says to him, "Cheer up little mouse; my granaries are sufficient for you." Again, I imagined a man high on a mountain peak, saying to himself, "I breathe so many cubic feet of air every year, I am afraid I will deplete all the oxygen in the atmosphere." But the earth says to him, "Breathe away, filling your lungs forever; my atmosphere is sufficient for you."

O people of God, be great believers! Little faith will bring your souls to heaven, but great faith will bring heaven to your souls. Charles H. Spurgeon

His grace is great enough to meet the great things-
The crashing waves that overwhelm the soul,
The roaring winds that leave us stunned and breathless,
The sudden storms beyond our life's control.

His grace is great enough to meet the small things-
The little pinprick troubles that annoy,
The insect worries, buzzing and persistent,
The squeaking wheels that grate upon our joy.
-Annie Johnson Flint

There is always a large balance credited to our account in the bank of Heaven. It is waiting for us to exercise our faith to draw upon it. Draw heavily on God's resources.

Lord this is my prayer for myself and my family and friends! Find us faithful!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kari,
I really enjoy reading you blog and listening to the music. I am glad I have had the opportunity to know you and your wonderful family. Hope to see all of you soon.
Brad G.