Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Scripture Memory

My children are in AWANA, Kru is a first year Cubbie!!!
They instill in my children the importance of hiding God's Word in their hearts.
However, I don't!

Beth Moore challenged her blog readers to memorizing scripture in 2009.
2 a month
I thought, I could do that, I should do that, I NEED to do that.
She has over 3000 women signing in on the 1st and 15th of each month with their verse or verses that they are memorizing each month.

I am participating, but not logging in on Beth's blog.

In January, I began with 
Psalm 13:5-6
"But I trust in Your unfailing love, my heart rejoices in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord for He has been good to me."

Then on the 15th I switched to:
Phillippians 2:3
"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility, consider others better than yourself."  

I thoroughly enjoyed rewriting the Psalms from the Stepping Up study last semester.  So I won't be rewriting these passages, I will be meditating on them and at least posting them!


No comments: