Friday, January 9, 2009

A Silver Lining

On my way home from taking the boys to school this morning, there was a gorgeous cloud with the sun shining behind it making a silver lining.  It was far more beautiful than this picture, but this is what I could find on line.  Had I had my camera with me, I would have taken a picture, but would have caused an accident.  :)  So this will have to do.

I'm not sure why I love clouds with silver linings so well.  I love how bright it is.  I love how I can hardly look at the silver because it is so bright.  I love how the sunlight streams through like a light from a lighthouse.  When I see clouds like this it makes me think of how bright and fabulous our Lord will be!  I feel as though it is a foreshadow of the Lord when I see the brightness.  Oh what will it be like to cast our eyes upon our Saviour!?!  

I suppose you could also say it makes me feel a little homesick!  If that makes sense at all?  

I just finished reading The Shack.  I thoroughly enjoyed the book.  In fact, I now want to go back and underline and process certain parts of the book.  Is it fiction? Yes.  Can I still find truths in this book?  I can, yes.  Just like reading a Francine Rivers book, it is fiction but there is truth as well.  It made me yearn to be in the presence of the Lord.  It made me think about how much God knows me, understands me, and loves me!  Do I believe that the events in the book actually happened?  I have no idea, but reading this fictional book made me meditate on My God and His love for me.  Anything that causes me to dwell on My Heavenly Father and His love for me is a good thing, in my opinion.

Seeing the cloud on my way home this morning felt like a good morning kiss from my Heavenly Papa! :>)  Thank you Lord for Your goodness, kindness, love and mercies which are new every morning!

No comments: