Monday, August 24, 2015

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for me....

and at 4:00 I got the sweetest text from Dakota asking me how my first day was!

How sweet was that?!?!

Of course I started crying!

Tomorrow I'm starting I project with my Senior class called the Soundtrack of Your Life. I'm going to ask them to think of 8 major life events. Then they will choose songs to correspond to those events and of course eventually write about them. I generally try to do any assignment I ask my students to do, so today I began my list of major life events. They are:

1.  Graduating High School
2.  Accident
3.  Mom Dying
4. Getting Married
5.  1st Baby - Dakota
6.  Losing Rayin
7.  Moving to Texas
8.  Dakota College

Now I'm working on the music! But as I was thinking about all of these events, it occurred to me how no one is ready for anything until it happens. No one is prepared.  Darrin and I are in unfamiliar territory right now, but we were on #s4-8! We are learning to tread water, paddle, swim, whatever you want to call it right now! Again. Just a different event!

I'm not particularly sure how well I'm doing at it this go around, but we are still "above water" for now! (knock on wood!)

Dakota not only texted me, but he texted his little brother Kye who started middle school today, to see how his day was too!  THAT IS A GOOD BIG BROTHER!

We are so proud of our oldest!

We miss him like crazy!

We are so excited for this season of his life to begin!

But we miss him like crazy and are trying to figure out how our daily life here works without him a part of it daily!


No comments: