Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The First of Many Stabs in the Heart

Dakota's leaving for college and my going back to work all happened at the same time. So I have not had time to write about anything that all of that entails, which is a TON, but tonight I experienced a first! A stab in my heart.

My boy, who is "far" away is hurting and I can't do anything about it!

It is TEARING me up!

Thankfully we can text and I can tell him that I love him, believe in him, that I'm proud of him, but I am not there to hug him, love him, give him a smile.

I know him!

I know he is all in his head!

I know he is going to let this affect his whole college experience if he doesn't get a grip!

I'm praying that he can shake off a hard, difficult, day of collegiate level of practice!

That he can believe that he can play at this level!

That even though he had pneumonia this summer so was unable to reach the level of cardio that was expected of him that he will be able to play!


As a mama, I'm a mess!!!

How am I supposed to work this year?

How I am to remain focused?

I am so scattered!

Forgetful!

Emotional! - Well more emotional!

My stomach is in knots tonight because my boy is hurting and there is nothing I can do!

No comments: