Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lessons from Ike - Intro

I have thought often about starting a blog for myself.  One that I could write about whatever I had on my heart.  But I already had a blog so I really didn't need another one!  So even though my blog was supposed to be about my 3 boys, I would take occasional liberty to write about some of mu musings that I had.

Well, then 2 weeks ago, Hurricane Ike came to Texas.  For almost 1 week my life was completely consumed with it.  Our church was a Red Cross shelter that officially opened on that Friday, Sept. 12th,  when the storm was to hit the coast.  We didn't get too busy until Saturday and eventually had 175 people staying there.

I spent the good part of my weekend at church helping and then into the next week as well.  We were officially shut down on Wed. the 16th.  I got to know some of our guests well, the Lord just drew me to some and after all of that....  I didn't know what to do.

The Lord was at work in me and I needed to process.  I needed to get it outside of myself for myself.  After posting a few posts about Ike on the boys' blog, I decided it WAS time for me to begin one for myself.  I'm not even sure if I'm going to give this address out much.  I really just want to write this down and blogging seems to be the easiest way to do it and I can add some great videos, music and whatever else I decide to put on this!

So the next few posts are going to be about lessons that the Lord has taught me through Ike and working with my new friends at the shelter.  It's going to me processing this supernatural experience that I had 2 weeks ago, especially before I forget what I saw, felt, smelled, touched, experienced.

There was a purpose to it all.  I don't know fully exactly what, but I know the Lord had me there for reasons that some He has revealed to me and others will be revealed when its His timing!  All I know is that I'm not the same as I was 2 weeks ago and I don't ever want to be the same again.  

I want to be different.

I want to be transformed.

Used.

Changed!

For His glory!!

Here is another post on another blog from a Houstonian who doesn't want to be the same either and to learn through this ordeal, but not only learn, be changed forever!

No comments: