Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Crouching Tiger!

"...sin is crouching at your door;
it desires to have you....."  Genesis 4:7b

Yesterday was not a good day.

I was upset with one of my children's behavior from the previous night,
and shocked again right after school.  It sent me into doubt of his salvation.

My 3 year old was yelling and commanding me all day, to which I was
spanking repeatedly.

As soon as my middle son got home from school, he fought with his 3 yr. old 
brother and my mood was bad!

Yes, several times I acted out of anger (which I KNOW I shouldn't, but I did.)
Yes, my mood didn't help the mood of the house!
And yes, I should have snapped out of it before Darrin got home.

My lovely husband, pushed me out the door as soon as supper was over and told
me not to come back until he had all 3 boys in bed.  

How nice!

How needed!

I went and got gas, sauntered through a bookstore (that I never can do with kids!)
went and got a Starbucks, stopped and picked up a movie & a few groceries...

All ALONE!

It was great!

But this morning in my quiet time, I really confessed my inappropriate attitude to the Lord.

I don't want to be nasty!

I don't want to get angry!

I WANT to be filled with you, Lord.

I prayed for myself, my boys, our hearts and attitudes.

So I began a new day with His mercies anew!  

This morning was one of the best mornings that we have had since school began 
6 weeks ago.  We were out the door EARLY! even.  It was beautiful.

The day was going to get better because I had my 10:00 Bible study to go to.

After dropping the boys off at school, I went home and made my pasta salad for
HOPE group tonight, threw in a load of laundry, fed Kru, checked my email and such...

waiting to leave around 9:45.

Kru and I loaded into the van 

and.....

nothing!  Actually, there were noises that seriously made me jump!
My dashboard lit up and blinked like it was possessed, but their was nothing turning over!

You see....  here is what I know to be true from experience...

When you really and truly turn something over to the Lord, the enemy, the crouching tiger,  isn't going to attempt to get you there any longer, because he knows he can't!

So....does he just stop!  ABSOLUTELY NOT!  He is crouching at your door 24/7 desiring to have you!  So he'll change his angle, his tactics, his method.  He will try to get you in a different way!

Praise Jesus that I can see this!  And praise Jesus that I didn't give in!

Sure it is obnoxious!
Yes, I was disappointed that I missed Bible study.
No, it is not convenient to only have 1 car (Dakota truck that only seats 3) when I have a family of 5.

BUT.....
Thank God it is the beginning of the month and the money is actually in the bank to cover this!
Thank God we HAVE another vehicle!
Thank God this happened after I took the boys to school.
Thank the Lord, that I didn't allow this circumstance to take away everything that I laid down this morning in my quiet time!

I hate the devil!  I hate that he is unrelenting!  That he desires to harm me!  That he crouches in the shadows of my door to snare me, trap me, kill me!

BUT...
Praise Jesus that HE is more powerful, more wise, and even more unrelenting than the enemy.  And I belong to Jesus!!!!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Oh girl! I can totally relate. Aren't you glad you fight on the winning team?

By the way, I guess I didn't actually get a subscription to your blog. It has never showed up. I just came browsing tonight and was delighted to see you had blogged some more.